Tuesday, February 15, 2022

A candidate's confession session

Our Friends- Let us reiterate the facts that we have known all along- ... You are not perfect Your parents, your teachers, me, none of us are perfect We are only humans- We make mistakes And when we do We apologise- ... We are merely some of those few people in the world There are only a handful of us We are those a few good people Who care about others Even if it may cause some reputations damage to us ... Look at me By now You know what I've said all these years You know what those words and concepts would do to my political campaign ... People may laugh at me ... And they have ... I am doing this for you, People Not for me ... When You the People are wrong I take it as my mission to correct You the People ... That attitude of mine may cost my election I can live with that ... Perhaps No, most likely I will never get elected in my life I can die with that ... Knowing that I have tried all my life ... What's more important to me, Folks, Is that ... At least Very least ... We started this process ... And very slowly The words are getting out ... We want a slow, gradual, peaceful Human evolution We are good students of history We learned that societal improvement occurs slowly As there is this inertia of time and space We understand that ... All we advocate for is Let us have freedom of discussion Let us be tolerant and peaceful And most of all Let us be patient And wait And do our small parts To make this world a better place A little baby step at a time- ... Is it too much to ask? ... Peace on earth please- --hunki, a 2022 US Senate candidate and an independent Alaskan //:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment