Thursday, August 19, 2021

Peace on Earth Essay

Hi Sirs and Ma'ams, A law school and army story, if I may- ... About seven years ago When I was in law school There once was this event Where Practicing attorneys were invited to our campus And told their experiences As practicing attorneys in the state ... One gentleman in his sixties told us "Some of my clients tell us "They're so tired and just want to get it done and over with." ... I guess it goes the same sometimes to the other party's clients too ... Litigation stress As attorneys Or attorneys' family members We all know ... I was in US army once I was single But my buddies were married ... When we deployed to Afghanistan Year 2011 I had no problem Or qualm I was ready To give up my life and limbs For our country ... But My army buddies It was a different story for them They got spouses and kids left behind ... So when we deployed to Afghanistan We were ready And well trained and prepared And we were lucky We all came back home Safe and sound With a few exceptions We did indeed suffer from some incidents and we are very sorry- ... But most of us came back safely In 2012 Back to fort hood texas It was a beautiful day in May, I think ... I just want you to know One of the reasons why I'm pro-peace Pro-settlement ... We have struggles and incidents In our respective lives Life is a war, a battle ... Everyday When we go out there on the road There are some rogue drivers Some of them are career outlaws Some of them are under influences Some of them are angry at people At the world At politics perhaps So sometimes They drive too fast They tailgate They run red light And get into accidents . .. Life is a war We risk our lives and limbs Whenever we go out there ... But There are good things in life too ... If you have a family How nice it is To have people around you Who would be beside you no matter what No matter when No matter where Your family is Your most fervent advocate Your most first defense Your bestest attorneys ... But Some of us Perhaps Are less endowed Perhaps some of us Are alone Though we may have good friends ... So what I do As an attorney Is to put myself In somebody else's shoes And try to understand Their circumstances And their situations ... Life is full of conflicts already That's why I do my very best To be And to play A peacemaker To make peace To make everyone happy .. It's because There are more than enough sufferings already ... Ladies and gentlemen If we don't try to make happiness in the world Who would? ... Peace on earth please- //:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment