Wednesday, August 4, 2021

An Alaskan Story

Greetings, Fellow Alaskans- My name is Huhnkie Lee and I'm running for 2022 US Senate as an independent Alaskan. I first came to Alaska in 2015 without knowing anyone, without any job lined up. I was unemployed for three months. Because I was new to Alaska, I couldn't get unemployment insurance and my meager saving was running out. Finally I got a computer programmer job at $15 an hour, $30,000 a year, before tax. I was 36 years old then. I was so happy then to realize, "Tis time around, I am not a tourist but I am an Alaskan and I can live here, paying my bills!" So, why did I come to Alaska of all places, six years ago? People come to Alaska for all different reasons. Some come here out of ambition to make it big in politics and they're known as carpet-baggers. Some come here for job opportunities to make a big career move, to be a big fish in a small pond. There is nothing wrong in those elitist goals. But those tend to leave Alaska and go back to where they came from once they achieve those political or career goals. Some others come to live in Alaska because they watched Alaskan TV shows or documentaries and got intrigued by Alaska's pristine nature. Some others come to Alaska to get away from it all and to be the last American standing, to pursue Ideological freedom and to seek all-American freedom. Still others come to Alaska out of sheer adventurism. I belong to this group of people. Some of us came to Alaska because we thought and still think it's the best state in America. I'm doing politics now but that's not why I came here. I got involved in local politics back in 2018, in order to protest the plastic bag ban in Wasilla. So why am I running? I want to help Alaskans to build Pebble Mine and ANWR oil. Here is my 40-page paper about it: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3890437 Thank You for the consideration, kind Alaskans and God bless You!

No comments:

Post a Comment